Internal medicine or general medicine is the medical specialty dealing with the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases. Physicians are skilled in the management of patients who have undifferentiated or multi-system disease processes. General Medicine is considered to be the foundation for several specialties, sub-specialties, and super specialties.
The department focuses on providing preventive, curative and rehabilitative measures. We at SGMC aim to provide the highest quality care which is individualized to each patient.
Evidence-based protocols in patient care and teaching are in place.
General Internal Medicine professionals focus on:
• Comprehensive care for diagnosis and treatment of a multi-system disorder, undefined illness,
• Collaboration, with a multidisciplinary team of specialized experts
• Preventive medicine care, such as health check-ups and blood pressure screening, diabetic screening.
• Communication after you return home, which is especially important if you have one or more chronic medical illnesses, such as high blood pressure or diabetes
• Comprehensive management of medical needs for hospitalized patients, including preoperative evaluation of medical risks before the surgery.
Our General Practitioners
Professor & HOD
MBBS, MD (general medicine)
Professor Emeritus (General Medicine & Accident and Emergency)
MBBS, DNB (Gen Med), DM(Card...
Professor (General Medicine), Senior Consultant (Cardiology)
MBBS, MD (Gen Med), FRCP D....
MBBS, MD, Online certificate...