Anesthesiology is a branch of medicine that involves the administration of medicines to produce a state in which the patient does not feel the pain of various procedures. The department supports various surgical specialties, critical care and emergency department. Safe Anaesthesiology is the back bone of surgery to ensure optimum surgical outcome.
- To make this department one of the best in all respects by rendering excellent service to the patients
- To provide adequate training in the science of Anaesthesiology and its procedures
The Department is headed by Dr.Radhika.K with over 25 yearsâ€™ teaching experience. The Department also has the services of three Professors, two Associate Professor, five Assistant Professors, four Senior Residents and eighteen Junior Residents. –more–
- 15 operation suites equipped on par with international standards.
- Laminar air flow technology with HEPA filter system.
- Anaesthesia work stations
- Central gas delivery system
- Multi-parameter monitors
- Infusion pumps for drug delivery system
- Body warmers
- Fluid warmers
- All other anaesthesia facilities…
Apart from routine anaesthesia services to all surgical specialties, the department also provides the following:
- Cardiac anaesthesia
- Pediatric anaesthesia
- Anaesthesia in Cath Lab
- Code blue Services in wards
- Labour Analgesia
- Pain management in SICU